Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The World's Largest Bathroom Wall

     When I was still building Team/Amway/Monavie, one of the things I could count on was prospects "doing their research" on-line before they saw me at the follow through appointment. It's funny because when I first got started, it wasn't as much of a "problem" for me as it was near the end of my involvement. In response to this, Team leaders started helping us come up with ways to deal with "the internet problem" at follow through meetings. Clearly..... ignoring what was happening on-line was not going to help me this time! That's what I was told at first. "Ignore it", "They are just being negative", "The internet is the world's largest bathroom wall", "These critics are hired by other companies to put negative out there because we're growing too fast" (That was my favourite by the way!).

     So here are some of the things that I used to say to prospects at the follow through to combat Internet research. See if you've heard any of these!

     "You don't know who wrote that....or what their motivation was for writing it". True a lot of times. You don't know who the Punisher is....but my motivation is pretty clear! I spent a lot of wasted years building Team, and if I can help one person make the decision to not get involved...it will be time well spent on this blog.

     "Is that person on the internet going to help you like I am? I have a vested interest in you making money". Well if the question is, will the Punisher come to your house, sit at your kitchen table, and try to sign you up first night to hundreds of dollars worth of product and "System"....then the answer is NO. Obviously! What the Punisher will do however, is asking nothing of you other than your time to read this blog, and others just like it before you "invest" years of your life and thousands of dollars, chasing a finish line that never gets closer! By the way....if you join the Team or not....it doesn't affect my life or pocket book one bit....ask the guy who's getting you started if it's the same for him!

     "Anybody can write anything they want on-line, how do you know what they say is true?". Yep...another great point. That's also the greatest thing about the internet and the "Information Age" isn't it? An average guy like me, can get vital information out to the masses, where they can take the sum of all the information gathered and make an informed decision. The Team hates this! They want to "lead" you into the Team and their "System". Want proof? Ok...ask the guy that's trying to get you signed up, what the next step is? I'll bet you it's "come to the next open meeting / seminar". Guess what happens if you DO sign up....."come to the next open meeting / seminar"! Ask this question and then tell me I'm wrong!

     So you see dear reader.....the internet is really the world's largest bathroom wall! We can write whatever we want! Don't tell me you've never read the bathroom wall in real life....that's where the saying came from! I mean....what else are you going to do while sitting there right? The difference is what is being written on the wall? Does it make sense? Does it apply to you? Can you evaluate the information on the wall? I pray you'll do your research.....and not take years to come to the same conclusion that I did.

3 comments:

  1. Is Amway's corporate website and IBOFB's propagansa websites also bathroom walls? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joecool - must be so! ;)

    Mlmpunisher

    the one about the people who can help are the ones doing it is designed to start indoctrinating the person into a cult mentality - limit your sources of info to only the AMO. once that happens it might be after time and money before the persons' mind/eyes open up to reality. it happened to me.

    i did a cursory web search and saw about amway negatives.i didn't do a diligent research though. i asked the guys when they came over, my eventual sponsor and two upline silvers with their wives. the silver dismissed my questions by "we are quixtar only and amway was a different company that we don't know much of." i still can't believe i fell for that one. these silvers joined pre quixtar so they obviously enrolled with amway, knew about it and lied to me. i was at a low point in my life financially and so i was "looking."

    bww amo is so krafty they invented "negatives" to be included in the STP. so a new person will be under the impression they got both positives and negatives, why bother attempting to do research on their own elsewhere. big mistake!

    the negatives were something like know-it-all-people. that is some people after they see the plan say "i know all about it" yet they don't make money with it. if the business is so good how come i never heard of it/not
    everyone is doing it. the answer, exercing 3 times a week is important but not everyone does it either. etc. very logical amo answers but still bad all the same.

    the biggest mistake of my life - to never learn the other side for myself from sources other than scamway sources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ex - It's true! Every answer is carefully thought out. They want to get you to start seconding guessing yourself, and everyone around you, as soon as possible! I was a MASTER at handling objections! I always had an answer, and was always looking for new ways to spin the "negative" responses I heard from Team members when they were rejected as well! Really sad when I look back on it....but there are people like me still out there! Be warned......they take it as seriously as any job.....maybe more!

    ReplyDelete